Yes, dogs can eat strawberries. The truth is that dogs can eat strawberries, bananas, various fruits, cereals, and vegetables in varying proportions to complete their diet.
Dogs can also eat vegetables to complete their diet. Although the diet of dogs should be based on the intake of animal protein, In addition, foods such as fruits provide vitamins and nutrients necessary for them.
Table of Contents
Can my dog eat fruit?
A dog should eat a diet rich in protein and animal fats, but he does not eat that exclusively. They need other plant-based foods to get essential nutrients, such as fruits and vegetables.
In the case of fruits, they provide important minerals and vitamins. They are an excellent substitute for commercial sweets. These foods are high in fiber and low in fat.
What should be taken into account is that most fruits are high in sugar. For this reason, the amount of fruit and vegetables should not exceed 15% of the daily food ratio.
Not all fruits are good for dogs either, and some have certain compounds that can be difficult to digest. Others can even be toxic, such as grapes.
Can dogs eat strawberries?
Strawberries are not toxic to dogs to eat without any problem. It is rich in sugar, as with all fruits, so it should not account for more than 15% of the daily food ration.
As many fruits are not toxic for furry ones, it is best to vary the fruit every day for a more varied and balanced diet.
Benefits of strawberries for dogs
Fruits are beneficial for dogs. In addition, it is a low-calorie food in the specific case of strawberries. It is perfect as a snack for dogs that need to lose weight.
It is also not very high in sugars compared to other fruits. It also has many other characteristics that make it a beneficial food for our dogs:
- Rich in water: 90% of the composition is water, which is very moisturizing.
- Rich in vitamin C: antioxidant.
- Vitamin K: Helps strengthen bones.
- Rich in vitamin B1 and B6.
- Rich in fiber.
- It provides minerals such as copper and magnesium.
- It helps in improving the immune system.
How do I give my dog strawberries?
If you have decided to give this fruit to your dog, we give you some recommendations:
- Wash the strawberry well first.
- Remove bad-looking leaves and parts.
- Cut the strawberries into pieces, so they don’t eat them all at once and choke.
- Introduce the food gradually in case it feels terrible.
- Do not exceed 10-15% of the total food ration.